With the continuous guidance of Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Water & Power, PPIB, Provincial Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, NTDC, Lenders, Partners and other stakeholders, Suki Kinari Hydropower Project has completed most of the milestones required for Financial Close. By completing the Feasibility Study on time and submitting the Tariff Petition and Generation License applications ahead of their respective deadlines, SK Hydro (Pvt.) Limited has continuously exhibited their ability to lead the private sector development of hydropower projects and have confirmed their sincerity and effectiveness as the project Sponsors.
Some of the major milestones achieved to date are as follows:
- Completion and PPIB approval of Feasibility Study.
- NEPRA Grant of Generation Licence.
- NEPRA Determination of Feasibility Stage Tariff.
- Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa EPA Approval.
- PPIB issuance of Letter of Support.
- Signing of Implementation Agreement with Government of Pakistan.
- Signing of Power Purchase Agreement with NTDC.
- Signing of Water Use Agreement with the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Signing of EPC Contract with China Gezhouba Group Company.
- Signing of Land Acquisition Agreement with District Collector, Gov. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- NEPRA Determination of EPC Stage Tariff.
- Signing of Facilities Agreement with Export-Import Bank of China & ICBC.